There are so many reasons to hate waxing, but here are the top ten reasons that it sucks.
1. If it gets messed up, you get messed up.
This holds especially true when attempting to remove any hair from your face.
2. It’s SOOOO sticky!
Most waxes are not water soluble, so good luck getting rid of it...
3. It hurts
No, no. I’m TOTALLY fine…
4. Without proper preparation, the wax can mess up your skin
If you are waxing at home, you can cause serious skin damage if the wax is too hot.
5. Sanitation issues
Sometimes companies use the same wax application stick for the entire waxing session, meaning that whatever germs were on that person’s skin get transferred to the communal wax. *Gag*
6. It’s an indefinite solution
No matter how many times you do it, you’re going to have to keep doing it. Until you die.
7. It can give you ingrown hairs
Yup. The new hairs that grow in will be weaker than the old hairs, so they are more likely to get stuck and infected.
8. It increases your chances of skin infection
Waxing leaves the pores open, allowing bacteria to enter.
9. Did I mention how painful it is?
10. It can actually leave scars.
The repeated irritation can permanently damage your skin leaving undesirable marks.